One of the most important and easiest ways of ensuring that a clipper or trimmer is properly maintained is to clean them after use, particularly before they or to be stored away. If you want to get the best cut possible, we recommend you always do this.
- The first step to properly cleaning a clipper or trimmer is to ensure that all hair has been removed from the outside of the device.
- Lay down a towel to catch the hair, and use a small brush to brush it away, paying particular attention to the bladed end of the device. Many clipper sets include a small brush for this purpose.
- The next step is to use a screwdriver to open up the device, by removing the blade cover. This makes more of the blade accessible.
- Use a brush to clean out any hair that has been caught here.
- Removing all the hair helps to keep the clipper functioning properly, and prevents the blades from becoming dull.